Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Employment Consultant - Auckland
$63,000 - $70,000 + $6 – $10K in On Target Earnings (OTE) + annual salary review
- Work life balance with flexi start and finish times
- Extra Xmas and Birthday leave
- Base salary with additional earning potential and annual salary reviews
About the role
We are looking to expand our Auckland team who work with a variety of jobseekers to gain sustainable employment. No two days are the same, with Employment Consultant’s delivering end-to-end employment services.
- Source jobseekers and prepare and motivate them for employment.
- Build and work with community networks and employers to broker job placements.
- Find solutions to barriers, and ensure jobseekers receive support in the workplace to achieve sustainable employment outcomes.
- This is an outcome-based role with a strong focus on delivering employment outcomes.
- Have a passion for building relationships and actively engaging with local employers by cold-calling and giving presentations to generate employment opportunities.
- Can work the room and a target market audience whilst confidently promoting why it is good business to do business with us.
- Motivated, self-driven and comfortable working autonomously outside the office and as part of a team.
- A track record delivering on targets, both individually and within a team.
- Able to engage, coach and motivate jobseekers to identify their strengths and employment opportunities.
- Experience working in mana-enhancing ways with diverse groups of people.
- Knowledge and understanding of the disability and health sector is desirable. However, some of our most successful Employment Consultants have come from career backgrounds that include sales, government, training, business development and industry.
What's in it for you
- You will be rewarded with a starting base salary between $63 - $70k, plus the ability to earn a further $6 - $10K with achievable on target earnings.
- There’s additional leave and we’ll even give you your birthday off! There are some corporate deals and health insurance benefits in the mix.
- We generally work regular business hours with flexibility around start and finish times.
- We offer a learning and development environment, mentoring and promotion opportunities.
We’re invested in success, we’re encouraging, optimistic and put people first. We work with our jobseekers to maximise their strengths and with employers to maximise their opportunities. We are committed to mana motuhake (self-determination), whilst respecting the role of the whanau in many cultures and communities.
We recognise the importance of accessibility and strive to accommodate the access needs of current and future employees. Our decisions are firmly based on each person’s qualifications/experience and organisation fit.
How to apply
If you have what it takes and want to step into a role where you can truly make a difference, then click ‘Apply’. We will consider applications as they come in, so please attach your cover letter outlining what you will bring to the role along with your targeted CV.
For a confidential chat about the role feel free to call Katy Hetherington on 021 190 1777.
Please note you must have the legal right to live and work in New Zealand.